06 November 2007

This morning I made my way to Queen Hill to See if a upholstery shop that I loved is still open - It's not. Does anyone know where Soft Coverings has gone?

Either way, I came across 3 new places I plan to check out this week/weekend.

1) mes amis (321 W. Galer Seattle, WA 98119, 206-283-6064). 2 blocks away from the Trader Joe's (which, btw, is the best Trader Joe's in Seattle. I feel like I am shopping at some ritzy fritzy super expensive grocer in NYC when I am there). This is a lovely little doggie boutique that seems to have everthing from sporty outer wear to kitchy printed T's. They even carry the brand of food I feed my little girl.

2) Via Tribulani (317 W Galer, Seattle, WA 98119, 206 264-7768). I have friend I always call for restaurant recommendations. You can tell him you want a first-date-not-TOO-romantic-sea-foodie-with-good-beer-on-tap-and-interesting-wines-but-public-enough-so-people-can-see-your-hot-date restaurant and he will know where to send you. He USUALLY recommends Via Tribulani. I plan to finally check it out now that it's located closer to my hood and of course get the fungi-something-something for an starter.

Er, that's two. I am totally aware. However the third thing on my list is a gripe. WHY the HECK is there a Pete's Coffee and Tea going in where the Ravenna Gardens used to be on the corner of QA N. and Boston? Anyone? Does this mean (crosses fingers) Starbucks is FINALLY moving on? I doubt it. But I do have to say - I think, the LAST thing QA needs more of, is caffeinated private school moms running around. Can someone talented and creative please open a reasonably priced boutique with interesting denim and never seen before foot wear? I promise I'll be a loyal customer.

1 Comments:

Blogger new york dactyl said...

ah QA hill... my old stomping grounds. that post actually makes me a little sad. missing you.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home