07 April 2009

It's been a cool (and some hot) seven 8 days since I've gone super local and green. And, so far? It's been a cinch.

Why?

Because I'm a bit of a cheater. I bought a months worth of fish and meat down at Don and Joe's (85 Pike St, Seattle - (206) 682-7670). I got in under the gun, the Sunday before last at the Ballard Market and I'm still going strong on my veggies and what fruits were available. I snagged some Beechers Hand Made Cheese (In the Market, 1600 Pike Pl, Seattle - (206) 956-1964)last week too. Needless to say, my fridge is stocked.

I ordered a second pair of LoomState Denim from Lisa at Juniper in Madrona. Oh, and, I've been eating out - a lot. So, this whole "eat local, shop local (usually my thing anyway), buy local" thing - I got it down pat until my fridge and creativity runs dry.

And, to curb the need for new spring things? I invited my mother over to help organize my room. Nothing makes you feel more guilty than your mother, who's lived her life for you, worn holey socks so you could have THAT prom dress from Cache, asks you why "you have 12 pairs of black dress pants?". To which you reply, "I Do?". Guilty.

I do have a bit of a home-decoration-challenge ahead of me. Stay tuned for market and second hand finds.


But really? The best part about all of this is that I'm exploring our city again. Admittedly, I became lazy (which I blame mainly on heart break). And for the first time this year I'm falling in love with Seattle all over again. One local store at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home