01 October 2009

So, it seems these day's I'm not so good about doing what I said I'd do, except that falling in love thing. I've realized over the last few weeks that I'm a fairly simple girl - who requires simple things. I'd take chicken and dumplin's over Foie Gras; I like cold beer over complicated cocktails; I still firmly believe that less is more.

I've been running around this way and that way, not doing much of anything but working and watching 24 and drooling over the September Mags. I've been doing more gardening than shopping. More wine drinking and home cooking than fine dining. I Miss my BFF terribly and have pangs of loneliness that not much of anything but a quick visit to SF can heal.

If I had the gall to do what I'd really like to do (hunker down in an apartment right next to my BFF's and send morris code secrets through the radiator), I'd send for these:



Modern Vintage Women's Destiny Knee-High Flat Boot



J-Crew Wool Blazer


This Guy
The AMAZING vintage Steamer Trunk I scooped from a garage sale in my neighborhood.
The Hat collection at No Parking on Pike (Owner Billy Hutchinson will let you play dress up with his AMAZING vintage hats and even make some suggestions)



A case of Market Spice Tea


And, somehow, October has crept on us. Unlike years past, I'm hoping for this month to be lovely. Because, October, you promised that all that heart ache, worry, and stress would be buried somewhere deep in the middle of January when things like red wine and denim can heal them. I'm holding you to it (while keeping my fingers crossed).

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Kay said...

she's baaaaaaaack! yay! we missed you!

10:14 AM  
Blogger brandin + kari said...

SO, when my google reader had a highlighted (1) next to lucilledechamp.blogspot my heart skipped a beat. Keep it up. I love love love.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

YAY! Thanks ladies. We'll see how long I stick to my word.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home