13 May 2009

That drifting thing I was talking about? Apparently it was more than just a bit - it was more like a lot. I started 6 blogs in the last week and a didn't care to do much of anything with them.

May has always been a funny month for me. And, I'm not sure why or what it has to do with. But I do know that May has always been a funny month for my mama and her mama too. And by funny, I don't mean laughable. It's a month were you don't feel right in your skin. Where you laugh, cry, worry and think the hardest. Nothing quite feels like your own and everything seems like it should be. May is a very confusing month. Where less seems like more, more or less. But, you can never have enough.

And, it's just when I'm about to give it all up - run off with a Spaniard or hide away in a South Carlina oyster farm - it turns itself around. And we I become my very best self.

That turn around? It's almost here, I can feel it. And it started at the Ballard Market. Lately this little space has been an awkward fusion of confusion, food and fashion. And just as most of what happens in life gets recorded here, most of what inspires me here, happens in life.

On Sunday I fanagalled:

Lamb chops from SeaBreeze Farms from the kindest, happiest, most adorable (married with a baby) farmer
A rainbow of radishes
Arugula
Vintage YSL grey suede boots at 20/Twenty
Kova & T high-waisted denim
A perfectly ruffly white dress by Plastic Island (both found at Dolce Vita (5323 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA - (206) 784-2344)

So, I guess it's safe to say May is only half bad. Because I'm certain that things can't stay this jumbled for much longer. Afterall, I'm a girl who insists on optimism, fine footwear, and well fitting denim. And with that combination, nothing can stay askew for long.

4 Comments:

Blogger brandin + kari said...

Oh the SeaBreeze booth at the Ballard Farmer's Market. A joy to my eyes every Sunday:)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mandy Kay said...

oh my goodness, i can't believe this post! i am the SAME way in May! i actually had a mini-nervous breakdown last saturday (i blame the full moon!) for no 'real' reason... but, like you, i definitely feel it turning around, and am hoping that the warmer weather brings some great changes! xo

9:22 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Mandy! It must be something in the name ;)

Crossing my fingers on both hands for a swift about face with all this nonsense (for the both of us!)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Kari, Thanks for the recommendation!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home