15 May 2009

Phew.

That was fast! That turn around I was (desperately) searching for was in the bottom of a fairly shallow handbag full of a few miles on foot through the city, a plane ticket to Seattle, Green Enchilada's, Chilean Wine, girl talk, and a little bit of kissing.

Who knew?

This weekend I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to make sure this turn around doesn't take an about face.

I'll be hiking somewhere early Saturday morning and ringing in two 30th Birthday's in the evening over home cooked food, bottles of beer, and likely a few crass stories.

Bright and early Sunday, I'll be with a whole bunch of you, attempting to "Beat the Bridge" all the while laughing and laughing and laughing. Then, If I play my cards right, I'll be Cheese Tasting at the Pike Place Market.

Also, I'll be wearing yellow. There's something irreparably delightful about the color. And, really? Who doesn't want to be delightful.




Ombre Pencil Skirt, $88.00 J-Crew (Pacific Place, Down Town Seattle)
I love how the yellow is barely hanging on to the hem. Like someone tried to shake it out and the yellow just too stubborn to fall off completely. Bold and Classy.



Ananas Yumi Mustard Hobo Bag, $358.00, A Mano (1115 First Ave, Seattle Wa 98101)
This bag is buttery and a nearly perfect Hobo Bag. See the little "v" cut? That makes it super easy to reach in your bag and search for your phone, gum, wallet, or cigges (what ever floats your boat) with out stopping and plopping it on a counter, bench or the street.



PinTuck Shirt in Lemonade, $20.00, Old Navy (Online only. And, by the way, I don't recommend ordering just one piece online for air or ground delivery. Think Green. Band together with a host of girlfriends and order at the same time. Plus you get bigger discounts on shipping when you spend more.)
I ordered mine in a larger than normal size. I plan on pinching, gathering, and tucking it into my Kova & T high-waisted denim

You know all of this sorting out all these things that were all out of sorts, only makes life, that more enjoyable once you get over it. And those few days where May and Mother Nature scheme against you? What they're really doing is making sure you're ready for next year, when May comes around again. And for that, you I should will thank them.

1 Comments:

Blogger fiona westover said...

I don't know who you are but you are going to become my new personal shopper!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home