13 April 2009

I'm in desperate need of color (an my tea which is staring at me from the counter, but The Puppy has just curled up in my lap, and I don't have the heart to move her, ugh.).

I've spent the last few days mixing and matching blacks and denim. Remember that closet organization that happened last weekend? It's completely undone itself with my busy schedule - and denim and black will work out the wrinkles better than anything else. I'd like to say that I've been weaving in all those spring-time-brights with my boring color pallet, but I haven't.

I've been craving orange - in every possible hue from breathy to full; warm to transparent. And, since I'm sticking to my guns with my "green initiative" - I'm plucking items from the archives. Luckily Orange and I have been flirting with the idea of going public since my early twenties, so I've got a sizable pile to work with. And as far as my home (which is coming together quite nicely)? I'm throwing as much of the enthusiastic color I can around my place.

They say orange represents fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. I could use a dash of each of these. You?



Gap T, $15.00 @ The Gap, University Village (2730 NE University Village St, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 525-1559‎)



Balenciaga First Bag in Mandarin (must be special ordered from Barney's, but readily available on the web-site) @ Barney's of New York (Pacific Place, 600 Pine St, Seattle Wa)



Jyllinge Rug $14.00 @ Ikea (601 SW 41st Street, Renton, WA 98057, (425) 656-2980)



Le Creuset Kettle, $55.99 @ Cookin' (4224 E Madison St, Seattle, WA 98112, (206) 328-2665‎).



Unisex Slim Slack, , $72.00 @ American Apparel (I have mine in Poppy from the Capitol Hill Location).

Oh, also, I've had THIS MIX on repeat since Friday. To check out my friend Marty-Mar Live, you can see him at See Sound Lounge (115 Blanchard St Seattle, WA 98121) on Thrusday's and JuJu (2224 2nd Ave, Seattle) on Saturday's.

2 Comments:

Blogger brandin + kari said...

I have that tea-kettle. I knew I liked you!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Great minds, my dear. Great minds!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home