22 July 2008

You all must be so fucking sick me my meandering excuses, right?

The thing is, most of what I do these days is for personal gain. selfish? totally. however, my drive to be out and about in the city discovering new things has been put o n the back burner to weekend adventures and romancing.

Next time you walk South on 1st between Wall and Bell look to your right. The shop with the random t-shirts, chandeliers, handbags - you know the one that looks like a gypsy trailer you'd see parked somewhere in Sadona waiting to sell you something - That is Marilyn Berg. Her petite-fantastically-dressed-whole-in-the-wall has withstood the deconstruction and reconstruction of Bell Town.

As a former lover of all things vintage (every once-in-a-while I'll romance my old habit) I was drawn into her shop by the Lucite bobbles she has streamed from every corner. I was pleasantly surprised to find Isabella Fiore hand bags sprinkled amongst vintage craft projects (think the hand glued shell lamp your grandma had at her beach house). She carries all sorts of earrings built with all sorts of beads from all sorts of eras. She's currently housing Ed Hardy T's, Shirts and hoodies.

Marilyn is the kind of lady you'd want to be in your family. She seems like she always has a party to attend and calls you "honey" or "sweetie" in the least offensive sense of the word.

I walked away with this with only the slightest bit of buyers remorse (it reminds me of being 21 chugging on Vodka Tonics and wishing tomorrow wouldn't come)



Ed Hardy " Love Kills Slowly" T @ Marilyn Berg ( 2405 1st AVE Seattle, WA, 206-448-2408).


I'd like to think Hitchcock got her inspiration for Ms. Berg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home