21 July 2007

a pretend conversation:

"has anyone ever told you, you look just like (insert supermodel, political figure, actress, celebutant)?"
Me: "Why, yes, ALL THE TIME"

I have this feeling that if you pulled aside any child between the age of 4-17 and told them they are a spitting image of Harry, Hermonie, or (shame shame shame on me) "any other Potter Character" they'd turn inside out with glee. Potter Mania has hit our city and I am currently in midst of all the mayhem. Adults and Kids alike are dressed in robes and hats and glasses. THere is a tree that is posted outside a bookstore with moving arms. I don;t get potter mania. Not one bit. But I guess if I polled a chunk of these fans and asked if they'd be just as excited for a Prada sample sale they'd stare at me blankly. They only thing that could get me this riled up is if Target announced Marc Jacobs would be their next guest designer. Other than that, I'll save my power packed endorphin release for the end of the summer Barney's Sale and IBIZA (!)

What I'm thinking all this hub bub for a book is really quite cool. (Who doesn't want kids to read?) I'm in spired to nerd out this weekend, I'd encourage you to do the same. I'll wear my (invisible) wizard hat if you wear yours. Lets meet somewhere between Queen Anne and Pioneer Square and talk each others ear off about what gets us off. It's time for some passion Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home