30 March 2007

More and more my little world is filling up with people who make me feel like 100% me. Where I can be the very strange girl that I am without hesitation - I spent yesterday evening with Alison at the Can Can (94 Pike St, Suite 11
Seattle, Washington 98101 (206) 652-0832) warding off ripe smells and former dates of question (do leather pants and tight black T= gay or greaser?).

The Can Can has been in the back of my mind since I met a friend for coffee mid Saturday afternoon who was STILL nursing his hang over. Burlesque, good food and wine? I'm in.

We nestled into the deeply weird and campy Can Can on BINGO night ( 12.00 cover). And to be honest, I was late to arrive and didn't see the menu or the wine list, so I can't same much of anything except this: I am going back to take in the FULL experience of the Can Can and play some bingo.

Oh, we did head to the StealHead Diner (95 Pine St (Cross Street: First Avenue ) Seattle, WA 98101 (206) 625-0129 - on the cusp of the Pike Place Market) for some fancy cocktails. I had a blood orange Cosmo (with FRESH blood orange OJ and Mandarin Kettle One). Ally indulged in a ginger (vodka) and strawberry (muttled) something-or-other with fresh ginger sugar on the rim. All the juices are freshly squeezed and muttled. The cocktails are bright and yummy and the bar tenders are east coast and friendly. The menu looks questionable - but at the very least I recommend stopping in for a pretty drink and a nice cocktail tutorial . Oh, and hurry before all the tourists show up (yep, it's that time of year all ready).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home