06 May 2008

I've been out and about meeting new people, reestablishing old friendships and talking with strangers about what they think about this and that. I've been making decisions (errrr sort of) and trying to explain how my world works (because there are very few, VERY FEW, people who understand it). So I assigned myself a writing assignment. It's about three weeks late, but whatever.

In My World

In my world there is no "maybe", "sort of", or "I'll think about it". There is no, "we'll see what happens" or it "depends on". There is no almost red or barley black or off white. There's no fence riding or line walking. There is no in between.

In my world, there is yes and no. Black and white. "For sures" and "absolutely nots". There are sincere "I'm sorry's" and really real "thanks yous". There are rodes less traveled and blazed trails.

The thing about my world, is there is no grey. There is no almost. There is no uncertainty. But what there is in my world? Is changing your mind and switching your answer with out question. Because at the very least, you've got an answer and made a decision. The only thing required for my world is making up your mind.

I believe you are only as good as the company you keep and in keeping that company it's your responsiblity to challenge them to be the best company they can be. And it's a requirement they do the same for you. Because if you can't challenge the company you keep to be the best they can be, why bother keeping them at all.

In my world there is love. All sorts of different kinds - tough, unconditional, whimsical, forbidden, and unrequited. After all, it is what makes our world go round. I'm looking for it an handing it out with the same fervor (at least I'd like to think).

In my world, what has to be made up, is your mind. Because in all the other worlds I've been in, the maybes and the in betweeens and the grey areas lead to no where. And me? I'm definitely looking for somewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Finally found the movie quote this post reminded me of... :)

Obi-Wan: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
Anakin Skywalker: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.
Obi-Wan: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
Anakin Skywalker: You will try.
[they fight]

12:46 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Thanks for calling me out on my, "single-minded lust for power and disdain for sentient life."

Much appreciate my friend.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home