10 November 2008

I've been searching the city for inspiration - and I'm coming up dry.

Yeah, Yeah, I know our Country is making waves and the prospect of change is really real. And, events like these (can you see me in the crowd? I was the girl a ciggy in her lips pirouetting with between 10th and 11th with her birthday twin shouting "yes. we. can." in Spanish) should do it for me. But, moments like those get to me in a different way.

A time ago the the leaves and the smell of cherry blossoms was all it took.

And, even though it's been almost a year since my world was turned upside down, I'm still left with a little less that what I had before. I've got a list of things I want to do (Make hair pieces with feathers and crystals, find the perfect riding boots, take more pictures, investigate bourbon) and I haven't quite found the time or reasons to do them.

In the month + I've been hunting for whatever it may be I am hunting for - I've discovered that in order to create something notable in our city - you've got to be prepared for either the long haul (say 10 years or more, think any Tom Douglass Restaurant (yick) or Les Amis (YAY!)) or expect to be cool and trendy and loved very quickly and then get out.

I guess what I am getting at is - I'm mourning the loss of two of my favorite boutiques. But with loss comes gain (errr, I think that is how it goes). And, I have discovered a quaint little place in Post Alley (POST, Post Alley, Next to Kell's. There is no web page as of yet) to make up for it all. The food is American - in the truest sense of the fair. The bartender/Waiter/Owner is Rory. He's boy-next-door-adorable and if I wasn't dating the man of my dreams, I'd be there every night learning more about him. I've made a point to eat there once a week since we first dined. You should go - and sometime soon - before everyone else moves in and snags the best bar stool.

I've got my eye on a new clothier on Capitol Hill (who are you mystery boutique?) and some goodies on-line (yikes, I know).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend's bf owns Post!
Its awesome.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Is it Rory?!? Or the other adorable Bar Tender/Waiter/?

Let's meet and drink wine sometime soon!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home