18 September 2008

The last time I was in H & M my Boyfriend snagged a whole host of great things and I walked away with a scarf I can't yet appreciate and a anxiety attack. The time before that, I was in LES H & M in NYC and I ran into Laura from Project Runway ( you know the one with 75 kids and a supremely old husband). we bought the SAME DRESS and I stood behind her in line and did my very best not to wrap my hands around her waist and hug her from behind. And if it weren't for Laura, I would have hated H & M in NYC too. Too Crowded. Too Competitive. Too Disappointing.

But, as the girl who said she'd never again but did anyway, I'm heading into H & M today. I'll have my zanax and AMEX in hand. And if I see you there and pull you aside to ask you if this or that is too "lunchy" or not enough "ooh-la-la", please don't be alarmed. I go at these scary things alone, then realize, I'm not so good at much of anything by myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Kay said...

oh my GOD, this is so funny! Hunny and i went to the Vancouver H&M a month ago, and he walked out with an ENTIRE new wardrobe. i found ZILCH.

oh, wait, i bought a necklace and some hoop earrings for like a dollar.

What is it about that place? either you hit the jackpot, or walk out with nothing but disappointment and a migraine! sheesh!

good luck today, my fingers crossed that its an eventful trip! :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

I'd like to say that boys aren't that picky, but mine CERTAINLY is.

I was wording my questions as so:
"How ugly is this? Is it worth 19.50?"

I was desperate for something.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home