19 November 2008

I'm certain I saw most of you HERE" this past Saturday. We were the girls walking with the hairless dog, looking elated and confused, carrying a hot pink sign that read "focus on your own family" (a jest a the horrible anti-gay group "focus on the family"). And if I didn't see you, I am sure you all could sense the love in the air. It was my very first protest and a magical one at that.

I found a photo of our sign (the sign that we are mutually surprised came to fruition). This brings my first protest full circle. Good Work Colleen!!!



(photo cred to J Random on Flicker, you can find more photos HERE

Delightful little tid-bits find their way into my inbox - mainly due to my Birthday BFF Becky - who's always on the up and up for almost everything.

Becky sent along reason number 238 why everyone should love/want to be/marry Keith Olbermann". Here's what he has to say on questioning love.

"You are asked now to stand on a question of love. All you need to do is stand and let the tiny ember of love meet its own fate. You don't have to help it. You don't have to applaud it. You don't have to fight for it. Just don't put it out. Just don't extinguish it. Because while at first it may look like that love is between two people you don't know and you don't understand and maybe you don't even want to know, that love is, in fact, the ember of your love for your fellow person. Just because this is the only world we have and the other guy counts too."

I firmly believe in the power of love. It truly is what makes our world go round.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home