10 March 2008

I've learned (however I think I knew this before) that it's not easy to find ways to volunteer and give back in this city. Most everyone I work with in the non-profit industry is BUSY. So busy it's hard to get them to call back or answer emails. And what I learn when I end up connecting with the people in charge is that there just aren't enough people to do all that they need done. And sometimes there isn't enough money to put towards hiring people to do what needs to get done. So what I'm trying to do, is make their job easier, by connecting you to them without all the emails and phone calls and frustration. So far? It's working. And we've been sent virtual high fives from a whole host of different people who are very thankful for your efforts.

And, just so you know, I am very thankful for your efforts too. Even if you take 5 min a week to catch up on what's happening in our city by staying tuned to www.lendyourtime.blogspot.com, it totally totally matters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil'Leader said...

I'm so proud of you.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

The thing is...You inspire me.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home