13 April 2007

A few sunsets ago I commissioned a friend to write something about music because she is the girl who opened up my little world and showed me how music can really truly change you. How it can move through your body and take over everything you thought could never be.

I had originally asked her to write something on music so I could be inspired and write something of my own. But today, I can't seem to muster up the right words (I can't tell you how much I wish I had the right words to say all that needs to be said about music and how it lives in the deepest part of you and how when you least expect it a certain beat will drive you to the point of unreserved elation and how that beat probably meant something to someone else too and just knowing that you are sharing that feeling with someone else makes life that much easier to take on) So, I give you hers.

(commissioning Tara to write about music is like sitting across the table from Madam Prada and asking about design or holding hands with Andy Warhol and learning about creativity... well almost...oh, and you have GOT to see her on the dance floor, it's proof that magic exists.)

music:

is time spent with a best friend. someone that knows you inside and out and makes you feel alive and amazing every time you're with her.

music:

is an opportunity to let it all go and be totally in a moment. to let your outsides reflect the bursting joy inside of you, and to let your feet give all the explanations.

music brings out the very best in you. if you close your eyes and listen, music will provide the background for every important moment in your life.

when music is playing, out loud or in my head, i can't help but move my feet... my shoulders... my hips... and only in unexpected moments of true release, will you even find a random hair toss in the middle of a dance floor.

the dance floor is my home, music is the fabric and the carpet and the wood that holds it all together.

TLC

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me dancing is proof that magic exists? you are adorable...

9:02 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

Maestro,

yes, yes it is.

Butt Shakes,
Miss Mae

9:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home